Does the size of your penis depend on your height?
The length and girth of your penis is generally independent of your height. There is a slight correlation between height and penis length, but it is not much. You will find small penises on tall men and long penises on short men. One survey gave these results:
- 5 foot 4 inches to 5 foot 7 inches averaged 6.1 inches when erect
- 5 foot 8 inches to 5 foot 9 inches averaged 6.2 inches when erect
- 5 foot 10 inches to 5 foot 11 inches averaged 6.3 inches when erect
- 6 foot to 6 foot 3 inches averaged 6.6 inches when erect
- 6 foot 4 inches to 6 foot 5 inches averaged 6.8 inches when erect
- 6 foot 6 inches and greater averaged 7.2 inches when erect
The problem with the survey is that there are fewer people at the high and low ends of height, therefore there is less data and more possibility for errors due to variations.
The strongest correlation (which is still very weak) is claimed to be between the length of your middle finger or thumb and your penis length. The survey was scientifically done, but it was based on less than 60 men.
The average flaccid penis is about 3.4 inches long with a range of plus or minus 1 inch. The average erect penis is 6.2 inches long, again with a normal range of plus or minus 1.2 inches. The circumference of the average penis is 5 inches, with a normal range of plus or minus 1 inch. (By the range, we are saying that 94% of all men fall within this range.)
By racial backgrounds, the averages are:
- African: 6.9 inches (a second survey showed 6.1 inches)
- European: 6.2 inches (a second survey showed 6.5 inches)
- Hispanic: 6.1 inches (a second survey showed 5.9 inches)
- Native American: 5.7 inches
- Asian: 5.3 inches (a second survey showed 5.5 inches)
But even within these groups there is a wide range of sizes. In addition, most surveys are based on self-measurement (not verified), so it is difficult to draw conclusions.
Weight is also a factor. The amount of fat on your body doesn't change your penis size, but it does change how long it looks. Your penis is anchored inside your pelvis. Therefore, if you are skinny, more of your penis shows; if you are fat more of your penis is hidden.