The Boys' Growing Up in the Lord

Share this page with your friends

Bookmark and Share


I am 18. I have small bumps that ooze around the head of my penis. There grouped and they itch and hurt. What is this?


I can't tell you precisely what you have because I don't know all the facts, such as whether you've been having sex or not, and I can't see what you see. However, you've told me enough that I can tell you that you need to see a doctor immediately.

HerpesAmong the possibilities is herpes, which is treatable but is not curable. This isn't the only possibility, but you need to see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. Please keep in mind that if it is herpes, it will fade only to reappear and spread some time later, so do think it is gone if it seems to disappear on its own.

ScabiesAnother possibility is scabies. It is caused by a very small insect, called a mite. It rarely remains in just one area. Scabies can spread to between the fingers, the wrists and the backs of the elbows, the knees, around the waist, as well as the genital area. Scabies are intensely itchy, especially at night.