The Boys' Growing Up in the Lord

Share this page with your friends

Bookmark and Share


I noticed that I have a kind of ball that is a little bigger than my testicles, and sometimes it's not there, but it comes back. Do you know if it's normal? It is in the scrotum but the testicles are lower than the ball, and it doesnt hurt at all. What is it? Thanks again for your answers. I aprecciate them.


You may have a hydrocele, which is a fluid filled sack in the scrotum. A hydrocele is harmless, but because of the location of yours, it is also possible that you have an inguinal hernia. This is where a guy has a weak spot on the abdominal wall and a piece if the intestine pushes though. If it is an inguinal hernia then it will very likely cause you problems in the near future. So I would like you to go see your doctor about it very soon. It is better to confirm that it is harmless than to ignore something important.