I have small bumps that ooze around the head of my penis

Last updated on August 31, 2020


I am 18. I have small bumps that ooze around the head of my penis. They’re grouped and they itch and hurt. What is this?


I can’t tell you precisely what you have because I don’t know all the facts, such as whether you’ve been having sex or not, and I can’t see what you see. However, you’ve told me enough that I can tell you that you need to see a doctor immediately.


Among the possibilities is herpes, which is treatable but is not curable. This isn’t the only possibility, but you need to see a doctor in order to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. Please keep in mind that if it is herpes, it will fade only to reappear and spread sometime later, so do not think it is gone if it seems to disappear on its own.


Another possibility is scabies. It is caused by a very small insect, called a mite. It rarely remains in just one area. Scabies can spread to between the fingers, the wrists and the backs of the elbows, the knees, around the waist, as well as the genital area. Scabies is intensely itchy, especially at night.