I think I have Peyronie’s Disease

Last updated on September 5, 2020



I’m 24 years old. I think I’ve got Peyronie’s Disease. As I saw pictures similar to mine (a lump on the penis). Is it curable or is any surgery needed? I’m worried a lot. I have a slight curve toward the right. At the exact bend, I have a lump on top of my penis. An hour after masturbating I noticed the lump. The next morning the size of the lump decreased but was not fully gone. A couple of days later I again masturbated and the size of the lump increased. Will it continued to increase?


Peyronie’s disease is caused by scar tissue inside one of the chambers of the penis that inflates to cause an erection. The scar causes the penis to inflate unevenly and, therefore, bend. The general rule is to wait three to six months. Sometimes the body heals itself. Also, doctors are reluctant to do anything unless the bend is severe (over 20 degrees). Small bends won’t interfere with sex or cause discomfort. Large bends are a different matter. Also if there is pain when you have erections, you need to see a doctor.

If you have a severe bend that remains for several months, then you need to see a urologist — a doctor who specializes in the reproductive organs and urinary organs. If the damage appears to not heal on its own, the doctor will suggest surgery to correct the problem. There are some alternatives to surgery, such as cortisone shots or shockwave treatments to try and break up the scar tissue, but typically these treatments do not work.