Last updated on August 19, 2020
I feel a little better right now but I’ve been struggling with pornography for a while and I’m just really sick of it. Do you know of anything I can do to help keep me away from temptations?
You’ve come to the right place. What is needed are multiple approaches to the problem.
- You need to understand how temptation operates.
- You need to know how your body operates (that is, understand the hooks Satan manipulates to lure you into sin).
- You have to see how pornography plays on those hooks.
- You should understand the motivation behind those who offer you pornography.
- You need to fix in your mind what it is you want out of life.
Once we get you to understand all of this, then we can help you establish roadblocks to make it a bit harder to access pornography. Nothing can stop a determined person from getting it, but roadblocks make it inconvenient and slow enough that it gives you moments to think and change your mind before following through. Pornography is a crime of passion and impulse. Thus, once we load your mind with ammunition against pornography, we can work on slowing down the impulsiveness to view it.