Last updated on August 14, 2020
I am fourteen years old and uncircumcised. A while back I had a bit of a tear between my penis and where the foreskin meets it. There is one “large” (just under 1cm) tear and little holes elsewhere on this “ridgeline” if I apply pressure to these areas a yellow fluid seeps up and out. If I don’t wipe the stuff up it either drys into “crusties” that can be removed or it spreads out all over the head of my penis and I can wipe it off. I don’t have pain it’s just awkward and really disgusting. Do I have an infection? What should I do?
Yes, you are describing an infected wound. Signs of an infection are:
- Pus or cloudy fluid is draining from the wound.
- A pimple or yellow crust has formed on the wound.
- The scab has increased in size.
- Increasing redness occurs around the wound.
- A red streak is spreading from the wound toward the heart.
- The wound has become extremely tender.
- Pain or swelling has increased 48 hours after the wound occurred.
- The lymph node draining that area of skin may become large and tender.
- A fever occurs.
- The wound hasn’t healed within 10 days after the injury.
You don’t have to have all of these symptoms. Any one sign is an indication that you have an infection. You need to see a doctor soon. I know it is awkward given the location of the wound, but it is very important that you get the infection treated as quickly as you can.