I still have a lot of smooth red dots on my penis after being treated for chlamydia

Last updated on September 10, 2020


OK, so I’ve tested positive for chlamydia. I’ve had the pills and a shot. All the symptoms have stopped, but I still have a lot of smooth red dots on my penis.

Can you help?


Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted disease; in part, because 25% of men and 70% of women who get chlamydia have no noticeable symptoms. Chlamydia is easily treated with antibiotics but you gain no immunity to the disease. Re-exposure will cause you to catch it again. [Chlamydia, PubMed Health]. Condoms only offer partial protection against chlamydia [Chlamydia Still #1 Sex Disease, MedicineNet.com].

Assuming that you took the medicine as prescribed and have not had sex since then, then the chlamydia was killed; however, the damage done by the chlamydia may take up to four weeks to heal from what I read. If you still have symptoms, it is possible that you had contracted multiple diseases at once, which is not unusual. You should see your doctor for a follow-up check. Chlamydia is a disease of the urethra, the tube inside your penis. It can also infect the lining of the mouth and tongue, in the case of oral sex, or the eye. It typically does not show symptoms on the outside of the penis.

What I hope you learn is that there is a reason why God said not to have sex outside of marriage. “Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; he who does so destroys his own soul. Wounds and dishonor he will get, and his reproach will not be wiped away” (Proverbs 6:32-33).


I was tested for everything at once. They took swabs and wee tests and only chlamydia came back. But I’ve noticed I have a raised lump on my arm and three on my bum. They are itchy at times. Could it be scabies or fungi?


It doesn’t look like scabies, those are usually smaller and grouped. Scabies is caused by a mite (a tiny insect that burrows into the skin) and you can usually see fine streaks near the blisters. The mites tend to like folds of skin, like between fingers.

A fungus is a strong possibility. It is large enough to be the beginning stages of ringworm (which is actually a fungus). I would strongly suggest that you go see a doctor about this one since you have spots in scattered areas of your body, including your penis. Let me know what the doctor says.