Can you have Fordyce spots on your scrotum?

Last updated on August 11, 2020


Ok, I have a question about STDs. I am an 18-year-old male and I have small fleshy, white, yellowish bumps on my testicles and I am concerned about having an STD. I know what Fordyce spots are around the penis, but is it possible for them to be on the testicles?


You shouldn’t be concerned about STDs unless you are having sex when you shouldn’t be (Hebrews 13:4). After all, STD means a Sexually Transmitted Disease.

Technically, you can’t see your testicles as they are inside your scrotum (the bag that holds your testicles underneath your penis). I assume you are referring to your scrotum. Like the skin on your penis, the skin forming the scrotum is very thin. If you look closely, you will see bumps at the bottom of each hair coming from your scrotum. Those bumps are the hair follicles. The skin on the scrotum is so thin, the follicles stick up.

The oil glands on the scrotum are usually not noticeable, but many men have problems with the glands becoming clogged. This makes them noticeable because they swell a bit. So long as the bumps remain small and do not become red or sore, they are harmless. Usually the clog breaks down after a bit and the bump disappears.

If they become large you will need to see a doctor. He will probably have to perform minor surgery to remove the gland. If they become red or sore, then your glands became infected. You can try antibiotic ointment, but if it doesn’t go away in a few days, then you will need to see a doctor.