Last updated on October 4, 2020
I have been having a fever every time I have sex or ejaculate. I am a 24-year-old guy and I ejaculate 5-10 times a week, making me feel dizzy, tired, and sometimes a fever sets in.
“Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; he who does so destroys his own soul. Wounds and dishonor he will get, and his reproach will not be wiped away” (Proverbs 6:32-33).
The most common cause is an infection in your prostate gland. Since you are having promiscuous sex, it is likely you picked up the infection from someone else. You need to see your doctor to get some antibiotics.
Another possibility, though not nearly as common, is being dehydrated.
A third and very rare possibility is Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome. It has five defining characteristics:
- Flu-like symptoms: “extreme fatigue or exhaustion, weakness of musculature, experiences of feverishness or perspiration, mood disturbances and/or irritability, memory difficulties, concentration problems, incoherent speech, congestion of nose or watery nose, itching eyes.”
- The symptoms appear shortly after ejaculating, no matter how ejaculation occurs.
- The symptoms happen almost every time the person ejaculates (over 90% of the time).
- The symptoms last for days (generally 2 to 7 days).
- The symptoms disappear without any treatment.