I have a skin tag under my foreskin. How can I remove it?

Last updated on August 16, 2020


Hi, I have a skin tag on my penis when I pull my foreskin back. The skin tag gets slightly bigger when my penis is erect. How can I get this removed without suffering any pain to my penis?


If you can put up with bumps, cuts, and bruises elsewhere on your body, you will definitely be able to tolerate the minor snip that is required to remove a skin tag. I’m sure the doctor will use a local anesthetic to numb the area. There won’t be zero discomfort, but compared to a great number of things, it will be minor.

You need to make an appointment with either a urologist (a doctor who specializes in your genitals and related organs), a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in skin problems), or a plastic surgeon (a doctor who specializes in surgery on the skin). You may want to start by asking your regular doctor if he can refer you to a specialist.