I have been having really bad itching and rashes forming on my genitals

Last updated on January 2, 2021


I have been having really bad itching and rashes forming on my genitals and the area between my penis and navel. It itches really bad and I don’t know why. It’s been going on for some months now. Can you tell me what this is, maybe? When I scratch the skin on my testicles, it looks really bad like a wrinkled up Shar-pei. I don’t know what to do. I have eczema. Can this be causing me to itch so bad?


The only way to know for sure is to see a doctor, a dermatologist would be best, who can examine the skin. For me to make some educated guess would require that I know what the rash looks like. Different problems cause different patterns of rashes.

Usually when I hear that someone is itching badly around the genital area or under the waistband, the first thought is jock itch. Typically jock itch is not wide spread, unless you have been ignoring this problem for a while. Have you tried some of the anti-fungal products made to handle jock itch?

Eczema is actually a class of conditions which share the symptoms of dry skin, itchiness, and rashes. You didn’t mention whether the skin is dry or not, but if this is the case, moisturizers, such as skin care lotions will provide relief. Usually people with eczema are told to use mild soaps or soaps that contain high amounts of moisturizers in them. The reason is that surface oils on the skin can help keep moisture in the skin. It is the dryness of the skin that causes the itching.

Another possibility is that you scratched so much that the surface has broken and bacteria has set in. It is particularly possible since the areas you are having problems are all covered by hair follicles on the skin. If this is the case, you will need antibiotics from the doctor to get a cure.